2-in-1: backup and replication™
Complement your VMware and Hyper-V backups with ready-to-use VM replicas to get near-continuous data protection (near-CDP) and enhance your business continuity. In case of virtualized application failure, you can immediately switch over to its exact copy and run it either on your main or remote site. Veeam’s replication allows you to:
- Achieve less than 15 minutes RPOs for any virtualized application
- Maintain image-based replicas either onsite for high availability or offsite for disaster recovery
- Simplify replica failover and failback with delta synchronization and automated IP re-addressing
NEW Backup from Storage Snapshots
HP and NetApp
Create image-based backups and replicas from storage snapshots as often as you need to — even during business hours—with little to no impact to your production environment. Veeam combines the best of both worlds providing you with VMware and Hyper-V snapshots for application-consistent backups and storage snapshots for low RPOs. With Backup from Storage Snapshots you get:
- Fast backups: back up VMware VMs from HP and NetApp storage snapshots up to 20 times faster
- Improved protection: improve DR protection by creating instant, secondary backups from NetApp snapshots
Built-in WAN Acceleration
Increase the reliability of your data protection strategy by copying your backups offsite to remote storage. Built-in WAN Acceleration speeds up backup data transfer across the WAN up to 50 times by utilizing caching, variable block length data fingerprinting and TCP/IP protocol optimizations. Veeam’s Built-in WAN Acceleration runs very easily without any agents or special network setup requirements, and without the need to add bandwidth.
New Veeam Cloud Connect
Avoid the risk of catastrophic data loss through hosted backup repositories with Veeam Cloud Connect. It’s the easy, efficient way to get backups off site to a service provider through:
- Hosted offsite backups: Get your backups off site to a hosted cloud repository through an SSL connection and cloud gateway.
- Complete visibility and control: Access and recover data in hosted backup repositories directly from the backup console.
- Modern backup architecture: Leverage Built-in WAN Acceleration, Backup Copy jobs, forever incremental backups and MORE!
A Service Provider? Learn more here »Read blog post Read press release
Native tape support
Meet your compliance requirements and lengthy archiving policies with Native Tape Support. You can archive entire VM backups or regular individual files to tape media and restore your data from tape whenever needed. Veeam Backup & Replication provides support for virtual tape libraries (VTLs), tape libraries and standalone drives and tracks on tape files, VMs and restore points allowing you easily locate items and quickly restore them.
New EMC Data Domain Boost Support
With EMC Data Domain Boost™ you get source-side data deduplication, yielding faster, more efficient backups that enable lower RPOs and lower exposure to data loss. The benefits of combining the Veeam Availability Suite with EMC Data Domain Boost include:
- Up to 50% faster backup performance
- 10x faster synthetic full backup file creation and transformation for even shorter backup windows
- Fibre Channel connectivity enabling LAN-free backup to Data Domain
New End-to-end encryption
Secure your backup data with end-to-end AES 256 encryption—at source (during backup), in-flight and at rest—all without any negative impact on built-in compression, deduplication and WAN Acceleration. Even if the password is lost, you can still recover data from encrypted backup files without compromising security.
You also have flexibility over when and where you choose to leverage encryption. For example, you can leave local backups unencrypted for faster backup and restore performance, but encrypt backups that are copied to an offsite target or to tape. You can also protect different backups with different passwords, while actual encryption keys are generated randomly within each session for added security.Read blog post
New Replication enhancements
Off-site backup and recovery is a critical part of any Disaster Recovery (DR) plan. Improve your DR plan and avoid data loss with our new replication enhancements coming in Veeam Backup & Replication v8 (Q3, 2014) - part of the new Veeam Availability Suite. Our new replication enhancements deliver:
- WAN Acceleration – up to 50x faster replication, and up to 20x reduction in bandwidth consumption
- Replication from Backup files without impacting your production environment
- Failover Plans – built-in orchestration enabling easy 1-Click site failover
- Planned Failover to facilitate data center migrations with zero data loss