Restoring from Microsoft Active Directory can be complicated. First you must restore the VM hosting your Active Directory Domain Controller, then use the AD restore mode to recover what you need. We can help! Now with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory you can quickly and easily browse your AD database (.DIT) right from the backup of your domain controller VM, then find and restore what you need. You can restore it directly to the original location or export it to LDIFDE format — it’s up to you. Simple!
With Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory you can:
- Find, view and compare containers, objects and their attributes directly in the domain controller backup
- Restore individual object attributes and entire objects to their original location or to a different AD database
- Export objects as .ldf files
- Restore user and computer account passwords to avoid any impact on users and applications
- Restore Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Active Directory-integrated Microsoft DNS records and Configuration Partition objects