Veeam and Microsoft SQL Server – 101
The first part of this series explains how to configure your SQL Server correctly to avoid headaches in the future.
You’ll also learn the basic principles and specifics of database Recovery Models, backup types and restores.
- Microsoft Services components that make up SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Database and log files
- Database Recovery Models
- Microsoft VSS and Microsoft SQL Server
- Veeam Explorer™ for Microsoft SQL
Veeam and Microsoft SQL Server – Always-On
The second part of this series focuses on transaction log management and restores of Microsoft SQL Server databases. Learn how Veeam® protects SQL Server’s always-on availability. You’ll also find out how Veeam enables the Always-On Business™ with different restore scenarios.
- How Veeam protects databases and log files
- How Veeam protects SQL Server always-on availability groups
- Restores to point-in-time using Veeam Explorer™ for Microsoft SQL Server
- Restores to a specific transaction using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
- Starting SQL Server in Veeam Virtual Lab
Veeam and Microsoft SQL Server – Deep-Dive
This last episode of this series will show you how things work under the hood so you can get the most out of your SQL Server protection. Watch a deep-dive into the unique features of Veeam Backup & Replication™ and get specifics on how to use the features to ensure availability of your business’s critical applications and services.
- Database backup exclusions
- Transaction log management deep-dive
- Performing database maintenance tasks using Veeam pre- and post-scripts
- Web interface for database self-service restores
- Automatic backup verification using Veeam SureBackup®