New Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition
Here's Veeam's latest gift to the IT community!
Veeam® Backup & Replication™ Community Edition contains far greater functionality than its predecessor, Veeam Backup FREE Edition, and provides all the capabilities included in Veeam Backup & Replication Standard edition for FREE, for up to 10 VMs or a combination of VMs, cloud instances, physical servers or workstations — a $500 value!*.
Whether you are locked in a legacy backup contract or are operating within a tight budget, you’ll find this FREE VM backup software helpful for your daily VM management.
Here’s what you get for FREE:
- Application-aware, image-based backups with support for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Synthetic full backup – Eliminate the need for periodic full backups by creating forever-incremental backups that save time and storage; with support for physical Windows and Linux workstations and servers
High-Speed Recovery & Replication
- Full VM Recovery – Recover an entire VM on the original host or on a different host
- Instant VM Recovery® - Quickly restore service to users by starting a VM directly from a backup file on regular backup storage
- Veeam Restore to AWS, Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack - Restore or migrate on-premises, Windows-based or Linux-based VMs, physical servers and endpoints directly to AWS, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Azure Stack
- Image-based VM replication - Replicate VMs on site for High Availability or off site for DR
- Replication from a backup - Create replicas directly from VM backup files without impacting production
Visibility and Automation
- Veeam DataLabs™ Secure Restore - Verify your backups are free of malware before safely and quickly restoring to production.
- Support for VMware vSphere 5.x or later and Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 R2 SP1 or later - View both hypervisors from a single console.
- PowerShell automation
Availability for public cloud, physical workloads and endpoints
With Community Edition you can leverage Veeam Agents to back up physical servers and workstations that cannot be virtualized, get physical backups off site and protect endpoints for your workforce!
- Comprehensive backup and recovery for Windows and Linux workloads
- Get physical backups off site – via service provider of your choice or directly into Microsoft Azure
- Endpoint protection for your entire workforce – workstation-specific scheduling, CryptoLocker protection and more!
Get started today
Backup and restore VMs, physical servers, workstations or cloud instances, with Veeam’s NEW free software solution.Download free
Application-item recovery and eDiscovery
With Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition, you’ll be ready to tackle
almost any recovery task that comes your way.
Zero in on exactly what you need for quick and easy restores using:
Veeam Explorer™ for Microsoft Active Directory:
Restore individual Active Directory objects (e.g., users, groups, computer accounts, contacts, expiring links) quickly and export Active Directory objects directly from an image-level backup for use with the LDIFDE utility.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint:
Browse SharePoint databases directly from backup files and search for specific site items or library documents — and quickly recover them.
Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots:
Leverage your existing primary storage snapshot capabilities from the world’s leading storage providers for recovery of single guest files or entire VMs from storage snapshots in two minutes or less — without staging or intermediate steps.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange:
Get instant visibility into image-level Exchange backups with advanced search capabilities and quick recovery of individual Exchange items (e.g., emails, contacts, notes, etc.)
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server:
Instantly publish SQL Server databases directly from backup files for dev/test purposes and export individual databases from image-level SQL Server backup into the native SQL backup format (.BAK).
Support for UNLIMITED VMs!
In addition to protecting 10 VMs with the level of capabilities provided in Veeam Backup & Replication Standard edition, Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition also provides FREE, UNLIMITED ad-hoc VM backups and migrations, for the additional, handful of VMs over and above 10 that you also want to protect. With no agents to deploy, as well as powerful recovery options and VeeamZIP™, you get the flexibility you need in options and a reliable, FREE VM backup solution for your daily workload management.
- Easy: Intuitive configuration and no need to pause or power off the VM
- Compact: Compression and deduplication, as well as swap file, hibernation file and deleted files, block exclusion to minimize backup size
- Portable: Store a VeeamZIP file to a file share, a local storage or even a removable storage, such as an external hard drive or USB